Membership of The Theosophical Society
We warmly welcome new members who are in sympathy with the Objects of the TS.
Intending members are not required to accept any particular teachings, or to surrender any of their existing beliefs; they may subscribe to any religion, or to none. We have an eclectic membership.
The Theosophical Society in Australia has two kinds of membership – you can either join a lodge/branch, or else become a national member if you don’t live close enough to your nearest TS centre. National members are attached directly to the National Headquarters in Sydney and have direct access to a video library and the National Members' Lending Library.
Our locations can be found HERE.
We are a three tier organisation – local, national and international. Once your application to join the TS in Australia has been accepted you automatically become a member of this Society nationally and internationally.
Benefits of Membership of the Theosophical Society
- Many of our members appreciate the long-term value of belonging to a society which stands for unity rather than division, free exploration of Divine Wisdom with like-minded people, and a society which holds a special regard for the Sacred in the midst of a materialistic world.
- Engage actively with other members from around this country. Annual National Conventions for members are a highlight on the Australian TS calendar, held during January in a different State each year. They take place in university colleges in a relaxed atmosphere. Conventions provide an opportunity for members to spend quality time together. Convention programmes include talks, discussions, workshops, outings and cultural programmes.
- Explore the material that has been specially selected for members’ only access in this website – magazines, videos and more
- Meet members -
From around Australia
From our Indo-Pacific region: We have three yearly conferences in different countries.
From around the world:
An International Convention for TS members is held at the end of each year at the International Headquarters in Chennai, India.
A World Congress for members is held in a different country approximately every seven years. The 2018 Congress took place in Singapore.
- Enjoy schools of Theosophy, and the members’ only seminars and retreats at our two centres located at Springbrook, south-eastern Queensland – about an hour’s drive from the Gold Coast, and Canyonleigh – in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, half way between Sydney and Canberra. Both centres are located in serene natural areas, perfect for study and retreats.
- Attend members’ meetings, talks, discussions, seminars and workshops in TS centres.
- Discover our libraries. Lodge/Branch members normally include library membership in their membership fees at a slightly discounted cost.
- Opt to receive our quality national journal, Theosophy in Australia, as part of your annual membership subscription, at a reduced rate. Most Branches also have regular newsletters for members.
- Receive a monthly letter from the National President for 22 months as a new member
Undecided about joining, but interested?
Have a good look around this website for more information. You are welcome to attend public meetings at your nearest TS centre, or join a theosophical library if there is one nearby, and get to know some of the members. Or you can attend some of our great events. Check out the programme of a lodge/branch near you.
Membership application forms can be found here: Membership Form
Check out our LEAFLETS on Theosophy and Science, Theosophy and Islam, Psychism and Spirituality, some great quotes for those in mourning and much more.